Saturday, May 25, 2013

DIY Weekend!


Hello Friends!

I've had quite a few 3 wick candle jars from burnt up candles sitting around and I finally decided to do something with them! I visited my nearest Michael's Craft Store, picked up some scrapbook cardstock, Elmer's craft glue and had a super awesome time adhering and creating pretty jars for things! The one thing I FORGOT was some type of marble to put in the bottom :( 

First I had to firgure out a way to get the left over wax out of the jar. I quickly googled the best ways to get candle wax out of jars and one way was to put the jars in the freezer and wait a couple hours. When you pull them out you pop out the wax and BAM they're ready to use! I wanted to save some pieces to use in my Scentsy warmer so I put some in Ziploc bags and put them in the freezer :)

Then it was on to the crafts!




Once they were all done I set them up in my bathroom and added the things I wanted. I know I wanted to use a couple for makeup brushes and they look wonderful but I definitely need to pick up some marbles ASAP to make them stand up right!

One I used for Q-Tips

And one I used for my Tooth Brushes!

Definitely can't wait to get marbles! 
My sister took the other feather jar and is using it for her tooth brushes :)
Has anyone else repurposed their Bath and Body Works 3 wick jars?
I'd love to see what you have done!
Until next time-
Samantha





No comments:

Post a Comment