Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bath and Body Works: Candles

Two blog posts in the same weekend?! YAY :)!


As many of you know, Bath and Body Works 3-wick candles are expensive. $19.50 each! So when they have a 2 for $20 sale and every one after is $10, you jump on it! That's basically buy one get one free and then if you're buying more than 2 you get those $10 dollars off! They don't have these sales very often but they have been recently. Probably because of the holiday season fast approaching but they just had one of these sales 3 weeks ago and are having another RIGHT NOW! Go! Run to Bath and Body Works :)
They have just launched their Winter season candles and I saw a few online I thought I would like. Here are pictures and the description of the candles I picked up this morning and then the candles I picked up in the sale 3 weeks ago-

3-wick:
'Tis The Season: "Deep green pine, rich red apples and a touch of golden cider blend to create a timeless and heartwarming holiday scent" This candle smells really cinnamon-y but really sweet. You can definitely smell the sweetness of the apples. I'm excited to burn this one!

Snowed In: "Spend the day indoors, away from the cold wind, decorating for the perfect holiday with the inspiring fragrance of fresh juniper, sugared sap and sage" This is a powerful scent! I can seriously smell this one over every other candle here next to me and the top is on it! It's hard to describe the smell. I suppose it's kind of musky and exactly what it says "fresh juniper, sugared sap and sage." While smelling all the new scents I smelled this one and it immediately went into Ryan's arms. This one was a definite. 
Leaves: "A fragrance that embodies the richness of fall - with all of its colors and pleasures - featuring notes of golden nectar, ripe delicious apple and red berries" 3 weeks ago when I was shopping I smelt this one and passed it up. This time I couldn't! I love the rich fruity smell when you take off the top. I watch a few beauty gurus on YouTube and this is a very popular candle among those girls. That is another reason I wanted to give this one a try!

Minis: 

Twisted Peppermint: "A fragrance featuring merry and bright peppermint with touches of vanilla and sugary musk is the perfect companion for a very snowy day" Let me start off by saying, I hate peppermint. I told Ryan he was allowed to pick out a candle of his choice because I pick out so many of ones I like. He loves peppermint. He picked out this candle because of the name. Obviously a peppermint scent, but decided on just getting the mini because he wasn't sure about the vanilla and sugary musk it also has. He says it smells too sweet and would rather it have a more peppermint-y smell. 

Fresh Balsam: "The invigorating aroma of evergreen woods on a clear winter morning features crisp eucalyptus, fir needles and cedarwood musk notes" I bought this candle in a mini because I really love the Christmas tree smell it has but not too sure how it's going to smell while burning. The fir needle smell is seriously over-whelming and I just want it to be Christmas already! 

Pineapple Mango: "Luscious tree-ripened mango and sweet tropical pineapple are complemented by crisp lotus and a hint of warm vanilla" I actually bought this one a while back. Like not even during the last sale. I bought it during summer when I was testing out candles and this one was very summery and fruity. I love the mango smell. It overpowers the pineapple, you can't even really smell anything other than mango but I have burned this one a few times and I love it!


Candles I bought in the last sale:

Cider Lane: "As sweet as the trip to the local apple orchard each year, a delicious fall blend of mulled cider, warm caramel and sweet cinnamon" This is one of the 3-wick candles I bought 3 weeks ago in the last sale. I burn it a lot because I enjoy the cinnamon smell it has. I do wish though that it had more of the apple or caramel smell. 

Autumn: "On the brink of sweater weather - this inviting fragrance blends dark pomegranate with red apple and notes of fir balsam" If there was a candle that had my name written all over it, it is this candle. It has just the right amount of the pomegranate, apple, and fir balsam. I love the fruity/pine smell so much that this is the candle I've burned the most recently. I also have this in a mini and I think I'll go get a couple more of these 3-wicks before the sale is over. I can't live without this candle! 

I really want to get back to Bath and Body Works before the candle sale ends but we'll see! If you have an Instagram please follow me: sksinatra. I post a lot of pictures that don't always make it onto the blog! 
Until next time,
-Samantha 

No comments:

Post a Comment