Saturday, October 20, 2012

Collective Haul Part 2: New Makeup I've Been LOVING + Swatches!

Part 2 is here! These are the new products I've been collecting over the past month or so and are my favorites. The ones I reach for the most out of my collection.
 

Below I have included pictures and swatches of almost everything!

Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circles in 20 Light Pale, Maybelline Coverstick in Fair, 
Revlon Colorstay 240 Medium Beige for Combination/ Oily Skin. 
                    
These three items are my face! I start off with the Revlon Colorstay all over, use the Maybelline stick to cover any "problem areas" and use the dark circle eraser last under my eyes. I picked up all three of these on three different trips to Ulta. I bought the Colorstay on a recent trip because my Makeup Forever HD Foundation was getting too dark for me. It was the summer makeup! I had heard really good things about Colorstay and mixed reviews on the Colorstay Whipped. I ended up purchasing the original and I am so glad I did! I really love this foundation. It does have a strong smell whenever you open it but it quickly fades after applying. I have considered doing a full review with before and after pictures of this in another blog post. If you would like to see that please Tweet me @sksinatra or comment on my Instagram @sksinatra. 

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 601 Black Bean, Physicians Formula Palette Nude.

I didn't swatch either of these because the palette would have simply been a pain to swatch and the Jumbo Eye Pencil is a black NYX pencil! I bought both of these at Ulta online during the 40% off NYX, Physicians Formula, Revlon, and something else sale. I bought three other Jumbo Eye Pencils but I don't reach for them as often so they aren't in this post ;) I'm a really neutral eye kind of girl and when I saw this palette I knew I had to have it! So far I use it almost every day. I use the Jumbo Eye 
pencil to line my top eyelashes. I enjoy a darker lash line on top. 

The Balm Hot Mama! and Bahama Mama

Both of these I picked up off The Balm website. I watch many beauty gurus on YouTube and these two have been mentioned a few times and I was in need of a new blush and bronzer. Also, I wanted to try these out against the ELF blush and bronzer duo. I like these better! Maybe its the shimmery blush or the way the bronzer goes on better. The ELF bronzer goes on a little too dark and it takes a bit to thin it out. I definitely want to try other Balm products. 

Maybelline Baby Lips in 30 Peach Kiss and Revlon Lip Butter in 095 Creme Brulee

These two I wear every day! Sometimes together, sometimes separately but I always have one on. Like my eye shadow, I like a neutral lip also. I love the Baby Lips because it's basically a lip balm with a color tint. It keeps my lips hydrated and adds a little color. It's not at all sticky and it smells and tastes amazing! The Lip Butter I think was a genius idea. It's a lipstick with a body butter like quality. Also very hydrating but in a lipstick! I have almost all of the Baby Lips (I think there are 5) and I have 4 of the Lip Butters. These two are very similar colors but the Baby Lips is a little pinker.  


Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara.
For some strange reason I didn't take a picture of this LOL. I'm sure everyone has seen this mascara somewhere anyway. Or maybe you even have it! It is my absolute favorite mascara right now and I have yet to find another that makes me lashes as pretty. This mascara lengthens and thickens. It really does look like I have applied false lashes! 


Until next time!
-Samantha 




No comments:

Post a Comment