Sunday, October 7, 2012

Helpful Home Tip and What I had for Breakfast

So I bought a dozen eggs seriously like 3 months ago and every time I would open my fridge it was like they were screaming "I was wasted! I'm probably no good now!" But I kept them in there for hatred of wasting money. Even if they were bad! While at work this past week I was telling one of my coworkers about my egg dilemma and she says "Eggs last a very long time but I have a trick for you!" And I'm thinking well, YAY cause now I can find out if these eggs are still good or if I threw money out the window.
She begins to tell me to fill a glass up with water and drop the egg in. If the egg is bad it will float. If the egg is good it was sink to the bottom. Hallelujah! A way to find out if my eggs are still good. So this morning I fill a glass up and start dropping my eggs in one by one. One sad little egg wasn't good and got tossed out but I'm glad 11 of them are still good and I can make some hard boiled eggs! I hope you can also use this tip in your home when you are unsure of some eggs that have been sitting around.
Here are a few pictures from my egg experiment-
Top Left: My dozen eggs and a glass.
Top Right: One of the good eggs at the bottom of the glass.
Bottom Left: My one bad egg floating.
Bottom Right: A bird's eye view of the floating egg. (haha, get it? bird's eye...egg...) 


While doing my egg experiment this morning I also cooked some breakfast! I was so pleased with the way it turned out and how amazing it tasted I wanted to share! This morning I cooked up some turkey bacon for an at home breakfast sandwich. I would have also cooked up an egg if I had known they were still good ;)
I used an english muffin, avocado, turkey bacon, and some sriracha sauce. I'm glad I cooked the whole pack of turkey bacon cause this sandwich was GOOD and now all I'll have to do is reheat the bacon. 

Definitely try out this sandwich or even put a little twist into yours by adding things you like :) 
Until next time!
-Samantha






1 comment: