Saturday, October 13, 2012

Collective Haul Part 1: Body Stuff & Fall Shoes

Hello Friends!
So I've picked up a lot of things recently that I wanted to share/ talk about. This is Part 1 of the Collective Haul: Body Stuff & Fall Shoes! Coming soon will be Part 2: New Makeup I've Been LOVING.

Body Stuff: Clear shampoo and conditioner, d:fi Beach Bum texturizing spray, Pure Minerals anti-aging night cream, Revlon nail polish in 060 Cafe Pink and 220 Rain Forest.
Clear: Recently I ran out of shampoo and conditioner. I was using Aussie's volume shampoo and conditioner and I seriously loved it and almost bought it again but next to it was that new brand Clear and I've read and heard from a few people that they really liked this brand. I picked up the Volumizing shampoo and conditioner. So far I'm loving it! I have super fine, thin hair. I have to wash it every day and I can't use heavy products or it makes my hair really greasy really fast and/or weighed down. The first time I used Clear I was a little scared because, while applying, it is REALLY creamy and felt a little heavy. To my surprise my hair has volume, it's soft and shiny, and it doesn't feel greasy or weighed down! I'm excited to keep using this to see if I get any build up or if it's still going to keep making my hair feel awesome!
d:fi Beach Bum spray: Alright, let's be honest. I bought this at TJ Maxx literally like two weeks ago and I have yet to use it :/ but I suppose you'll see a review eventually If I really love it or really hate it!
Pure Minerals anti-aging night cream: I also bought this at TJ Maxx and I have been using it! I apply almost every night after washing my face. It's a strange texture (almost mousse-like), it goes on creamy, and when I wake up in the morning my face feels soft and hydrated! So far I'm really loving this stuff.
Revlon nail polish in 060 Cafe Pink and 220 Rain Forest: I picked both of these up at Walmart a while back. The pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the sparkly green because I saw it and it instantly made me think of Christmas! I applied the pink last night and although the color is pretty, the texture is not so pretty :/ It's really streaky and took 3 coats to make the nail seem like it got even color all over. There is no picture of the finished result because I didn't wait long enough and messed up a few nails on both hands by trying on boots at Payless! Shame on me! The green I have not tried yet but I'll be sure to include it in a Nail of the Day post closer to Christmas ;)

Fall Shoes: Both from Payless; American Eagle Avery Bow Flat, Lower East Side Sammi Strap Boot.
American Eagle Avery Bow Flat: I love flats! A couple years ago I was really into them and I had a billion pairs but they got old and got thrown out and I fell out of my flat phase. But baby, THE PHASE IS BACK! I really needed a pair of plain black flats because the only black ones I own at the moment have the cheetah print bow I believe I posted on a What I Wore Wednesday post. If not, just kidding! I'm sure you'll see them some day. I wear them a lot. Anyway back to the point... I needed a pair of plain black flats. I was just telling my boyfriend Ryan I wanted to head up to Payless when I saw a commercial for their Fall Sale. With that, I had to go! I spotted these flats and even though I wanted PLAIN, these ARE all black and I really like the bow. They're also really comfy :) At $16.99 they're a great buy!



Lower East Side Sammi Strap Boot: These boots are the reason I wanted to go to Payless. I have been wanting a new pair of boots and Payless always has affordable and nice quality shoes for every season. And there's always a sale! I love the straps on these and the low, slouchy ankle. They are also very comfy! These were on sale $19.99 originally $34.99. A STEAL. I am obsessed so far and I know I'll get many uses out of these!

Until next time,
-Samantha



No comments:

Post a Comment